Wednesday, May 14, 2008

FINAL THREE

It's finally here! The moment we've all been waiting for! After tomorrow
night, IDOL will be down to two people. I can't decide if I'm excited about
that, or if I'm just relieved. What a whip the last few weeks have been!
You know IDOL is hurting when they can get Dolly Parton and Neil Diamond,
while Dancing with the Stars has USHER for their finals next week! I
thought for sure Simon Cowell had more clout than Tom Bergeron!!!

Random comments about tonight:

Paula chooses David Archu's first song, hoping it will show off his range.
He calls it a "pretty song," and says he was "excited" to sing it. I was
excited when he stopped singing.

David looked uncomfortable singing his 2nd song. I think this is the kind
of song he'd like to be known for singing, but it just didn't work for me.
Randy was right when he said it was not believable. And, I agreed with
Simon's comment about the chihuahua and tiger comparison. Laughed when I
heard that!

Song 3: LONGER THAN... DAN FOGELBERG. Wish David Cook had been
singing it to me!!! That would have been more believable! Archu is a great
talent, but he's not what I would consider an Idol. That being said, he
sails to the finals tonight, with the help of the "judge love" the last
several weeks.

Ultimately, he needs to team up with Josh Groban and go on tour opening for
Celine Dion. THAT is his audience. I don't care HOW many teenaged idiots
vote for him, I promise you they won't be buying or downloading his albums
(until they can get the blue hair special at Denny's).


I think the deck was stacked against Syesha. To begin with, Randy gives her
Alicia Keys to sing. Isn't that similar to giving her a Whitney or Mariah
song? Haven't they told her ALL freakin' season to steer clear of the big
artists?

Her 2nd song was much more Broadway, which is right up her alley. I almost
expected her to do something nasty with that chair! J Her vocals were the
best on this song tonight. She has inherited Brooke's inability to shut up
and take the criticism from the judges, saying "it's okay!" any time the
audience boos!!

The producers' song selection for her was a total waste of air time. She
sounded weak, out of breath, and surprisingly unenergetic. I think she went
out there knowing she's going home tomorrow. I wish she'd given it the
"devil-may-care" type performance we've come to rely on from her. She's in
serious trouble. I fully expect to see her in The Color Purple on Broadway
by the end of the year, ala Fantasia.


David Cook. Rock on, dude! Simon chooses The first Time Ever I Saw Your face...
subliminal message? And seriously, do y'all think David even knew who
Roberta Flack was? Simon said David had the chance to show originality...
hasn't he done that all season? He didn't need that platform.

His 2nd song was fabulous. He is such the rocker, and he looks like
he's very comfortable up there doing his thing! SWITCHFOOT is one of my
favorite groups! The judges seemed to dog on him a little bit tonight, but
I couldn't really find anything extremely noticeable (and off) about his
performances.

Song 3: Don't Want to Miss A Thing. Me, either, especially when he's
singing!!! He is the complete package. I think he might outsell Daughtry.
And, if the 2 of them ever tour together, we've all got to go to that!!!

So, tomorrow, we'll see Syesha sing her swan song, hopefully sans the chair, and then it's on to the David Squared final.

Please, Lord, help David Cook be the Winner!!



Widner, Out

No comments: