Sunday, May 18, 2008

LONDON DAY 1

We arrived safely but a little later than we expected. Joe is a pro at this overseas traveling thing, but me, not so much. I think I slept about 2 hours on the 9 hour flight, and even THAT was dicey because any time we hit turbulence, I was sure we were going down!! I took a Lunesta and downed a margarita at the airport, neither of which had the usual sleep-inducing effect on me. I watched 27 Dresses three times, and LOVED listening to my new IPOD. I have to give a "shout out" right here to Leslie, for her FABULOUS playlist, and Melanie, for the amazing BOSE headphones! I'll never go back to the earbud!!

We went to dinner last night at Mike (Joe's Markit contact) & Sue's house over in St. John's Wood. Think Highland Park to get the picture in your head. They have a 3 story, 5 bedroom home that is really neat. Hardwoods throughout, beautiful leaded glass windows, a small garden (back yard) complete with a gardener. We enjoyed having American food (chicken and pork tenderloin on the grill) and sampling delicious salads from Sue's favorite deli.

Today we have a full day of school interviews: American School in London, Southbank, and Woodside Park. Please pray for clarity. We are both leaning toward one school, but we want to be open to the Lord's leading. We can "mess up" the housing part, and easily correct that, but we owe it to the kids to get the school piece right from the beginning!

Can't wait to get home!!!

Cheerio!

2 comments:

L. Mida said...

Sorry you didn't get much rest on the plane. Sounds like you're having fun, though! Did y'all make it in time for church? Covering y'all in prayer for safety, clarity, discernment & peace.

Love you!

Melanie said...

Chloe is doing fine. I spoke to Mrs. Ward today. She asked if I had spoken to you. She said, "They went to the zoo yesterday." I said, "What! Why in the world would Kate go to the ZOO when she was in London!" It took us a few seconds to realize she was talking about the kids.

Can't wait to read about today!

~Melanie