Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Feverish Earth?


I wrote this last Easter, but thought I'd add it to the blog. I'm sure any mom who has ever painstaking assembled three outfits for three children can so relate!!!

I’m not buying “the earth has a fever” line from Al Gore!!! It is springtime in Texas, and Easter is later than usual this year. I painstakingly purchased Easter clothing for my children, based on the irrefutable evidence that April in Texas should absolutely be warmer than March. My plans were to try to get a decent picture of all three kids in clothing that coordinates but doesn’t necessarily match. To that end, I have a cute little blue smocked dress for Emily with some precious tiny white sandals. Chloe has a yellow polka dotted dress with strappy sleeves and white flip flops with butterflies on them. Ross is wearing navy shorts with a very “mature” John Ashford shirt from Dillard’s and his $65 Born sandals. I should add here that for once, I had all these outfits purchased and ready to go more than two weeks ago, which is, in itself, something of a small miracle.This plan, of course, was before I heard the weather report for Easter weekend. Tomorrow’s high temperature is 43 degrees. Tomorrow night, the temperature will hover right around freezing, and –this is the part I just love – there is a 40% chance of rain mixed with sleet and snow into Sunday, when the high temperature will be 40 degrees. Fabulous. I guess it’s time to recycle the Christmas wardrobe. Maybe I can get one good snapshot of all three kids in their coats that don’t quite fit anymore building a snow bunny in the front yard Easter morning. That’ll be one for the photo album.Global warming? Whatever. I’m freezing my butt off in Texas in April!!!

No comments: