Tuesday, February 17, 2009

AMERICAN IDOL 2009

I went into Idol this week with the best of bloggy intentions, but quite frankly trying to write about tonight’s episode was a beating. There were recaps and fake-outs and sing-offs and switcheroos. There was no rickety elevator and no 256 steps. The contestants were in a mansion and everybody sat in some really tricky chairs. I was in a great mood as I watched and the following people made it:
Scott McIntyre (blind guy)
Michael Sarver (oil rig guy)
Anne Marie Boskovich
Jasmine Murray
Danny Gokey (music teacher who lost his wife)
This is when the wheels came off for me.
First, you have the freak show that is Nick Mitchell (the guy who sings in the alter ego’s character). He reminds me of the black guy on Boston Legal who always had to dress up like a female to get his point across. Seriously. He needs mental help. There is NO WAY I would room with him, even if it meant I had to quit the show.
Next, Nathaniel Marshall, who is having an identity crisis of his own, sits and cries and tells us this is what he was “born to do.” I personally think he was born to open with RuPaul. No one is going to pay any money to watch him perform. I wish he knew that. His life story montage was sad and did what it was intended to do – invite us to take pity on him – but I just don’t see him hanging around for long. And it will devastate him when his “end of the road” comes. When he’s asked to sing for the final time on the Idol stage, prepare yourselves for a sobfest, the likes of which we’ve never seen before.
And then I found out that Tatiana made it and I was done. The girl who reminds me of The Love Boat episodes with Charro as the “special guest star” is actually in the TOP FREAKIN’ 36 of AI this year.
I seriously think they need to put Nathaniel & Tatiana in a shared room and see which beauty queen survives. In fact, THAT might be the ONLY reality show I’d watch with these two in it!
It was too much, y’all.
So do you know what I’ve decided to do?
I’ve decided to go to bed.
PS: What was Paula wearing around her neck? She appeared to be trying to keep vampires or some such creatures away! Either that or she just always wants to make sure there is a mirror on hand for last-minute touchups.

No comments: