Thursday, January 8, 2009

In My Place!

I hit new parenting low today. Here is the replay of that conversation:

Mom: Emmy, what would you like to drink with your dinner?
Emmy: (no response)
Mom: Emmy, did you hear me?
Emmy: Yes, mommy, but my name is “Your Highness.”
Mom: I’m pretty (insert your own favorite word muttered under your breath) sure your name is Emmy.
Emmy: No, it’s not. I’m “Your Highness,” Chloe is “Ma’am,” Ross is the "Prince", and you are the servant girl.
Mom: Actually, I am the MOMMY and you are the GIRL.
Emmy: (Laughing, hysterically) I AM YOUR HIGHNESS.
Mom: (giving up) Okay, Your Highness, what would you like to drink with your dinner?
Emmy: I’ll have what Ma’am is having, but I want mine in the Princess cup, servant girl.
Mom: Are you playing “Cinderella”?
Emmy: No, I’m eating my real dinner with Ma’am and servant girl is cooking again.
Mom: (inaudibly) How true.

At this point, I just sighed and walked away. Your Highness and Ma’am enjoyed their dinner. The servant girl cleaned up the kitchen, “drew” the baths, and washed a couple princesses.
Your Highness is now tucked away in the Royal Bedroom. Ma’am is sleeping in the Prince’s quarters tonight. The servant girl has ironing to do before school tomorrow, so she better shake a leg!

2 comments:

The Curtis Crew said...

That is hilarious! I think your Emmy and my Abby are very much alike...I can totally hear Abby saying that down the road! If we could just get potty-trained, I would be so thrilled!

Anna said...

Too funny! She has always been a bit of a character. She reminds me of my youngest drama department all in one kid! She is looking so grown up btw. I remember when I first photographed her. She was 6 months old and so serious.